Reliable. Precise. Versatile.
Tried and true for 50 years, the world’s ORIGINAL Sonic Sifter Separator, otherwise known as the L3P, has become the industry standard and the go-to technology for precision research and quality assurance applications.
Producing results that are typically only achieved by wet sieving, this device uses specially designed 3” diameter clear sieves and an oscillating air column, created by a sonic wave, to separate fine particles. This technology dramatically shortens test times, is virtually maintenance free and produces consistent, accurate results.
- Ideal for FINE particle separation - Sieves range from 5.6 mm to 3 μm Simple to operate
- Clear acrylic framed sieves allow for a visual reference to determine proper power level and finish point
- Variable amplitude control - Action can be manipulated to separate particles at maximum efficiency
- Little to no screen wear or particle attrition
- Large variety of special 3” acrylic sieves with ASTM E11 wire cloth or ASTM E161 precision electroformed mesh
- On/off vertical mechanical pulse
- Each unit includes a complete Stack Assembly comprised of: 1 Column Lock, 1 Diaphragm, 1 Top Cone, 6 Clear Acrylic Spacers,1 Fines Collector and 1 Fines Collector Holder
- One-year limited warranty
- 6 Acrylic L3-S Series Sieves
- 3 Acrylic L3-M Precision Series (35um or coarser)
- 1 Acrylic L3-M Precision Series (30um or finer)+ 4 spacers
10” w x 12” d x 23” h (25 cm x 31 cm x 61 cm) Weight 43 lbs. (20 kg) net
Temperatures 0° F to 120° F (-18° C to 49° C)
Humidity non-condensing Temperature and humidity should be controlled for optimal results
± 2 seconds over 24 hours Agitation Method Sonic Wave (top) and Vertical Mechanical Pulse (bottom)