Precision Test Sieves with Electroformed Nickel ASTM E-161 Mesh with Clear Acrylic frame.
Works with L3P and VariSifter Sonic Separators
Outside Diameter = 3.5"
Inside Diameter = 3"
Height = 1 ¼"
Handling and Use Instructions
Advantech Mfg precision sieves incorporate an unsupported electroformed nickel mesh, which is fragile and requires special handling. Long sieve life can be obtained by observing the following five basic guidelines:
- Sample size should be limited for the initial test to a maximum of 2 cc. Experience may necessitate the use of a greater volume, depending on the material. Never exceed a sample of 2 g by mass or 4 cc by volume.
- Use a single precision series sieve at a time when performing separations at 30µm or smaller.
- Set sift amplitude at zero to begin the test, and gradually increase until material rises to a maximum height of ¼” above the screen surface.
- Clean the sieve with a warm solution of water and mild detergent (70°F to 85°F). When washing, hold the sieve in the vertical position and afterward gently flush the sieve with distilled water and allow to air dry. Do not ultrasonically clean precision sieves.
- Always store Precision Series sieves in their protective boxes after use.